Tuesday, February 21, 2006

diy masonry heater d14 & d15





I know what you guys are thinking: this guy is slow and sleeps on his work. That's the way my wife is currently thinking. Honey will it be ready for next summer you think? Very very funny. It does not look like it but it grows higher ( the masonry heater that is). Look at the cd rack next to it and you will see that it is now 1.40 meters high. At the end of this working day it has to be higher tha my wife otherwise she kills me.

Je sais ce que vous pensez: ce gars n'est pas rapide. C'est ce que ma femme me dit pour l'instant. Chéri, tu crois que ce sera fini pour l'été... Très drôle. Regardez plutot le rack rangeur de cd et vous constaterez que l'engin fait plus de 1.40 mètres. Ce soir il devra être plus grand que ma femme sinon je suis mort.

I am ok. the thing is now taller than my wife. The firebox stands now at 1.75 meters. In fact the sides of the firebox will not go higher. Only the front will go another 4 courses and 2 columns at the back to allow smoke to go down the sides channels as well as down the back channel. I am mad at Bosch ( yes the tool company ). you remember i was telling you the hard time i had cutting those refractory bricks. I had tried it with with my Metabo diamond disk without succes, then i bought a Bosch PRO diamond disk. This was supposed to be the best of the best made among other uses for cutting refractory bricks. Mind you at 170€ it could well be... I used it on one brick then i stopped. it was useless. Luckily my dealer found another disk by a company called Inter Diamant. I bought it and i have to say it is fantastic. It goes through like in melted butter. The dealer kindly accepted to take the Bosch disk back and will settle this with Bosch.

Je suis sauf. Le pdm est a présent plus haut que ma femme. Le coeur réfractaire est a 1.75 metres. En fait les cotés ne doivent plus monter. Seul le devant et deux colonnes a l'arrière doivent encore monter de 4 briques pour laisser passer la fumée dans les 2 conduits latéraux et le conduit de l'arrière. Je suis furieux contre Bosch. Je vous parlais du mal que j'avais à couper ces briques réfractaires. J'avais d'abord essayé avec mon disque Metabo sans succès. Ensuite un disque Bosch spécial briques réfractaires à 185€, encore moins bon. J'ai heureusement trouve un disque diamant d'une sociéte du nom d'Inter Diamant. C'est un disque merveilleux. Cela coupe comme dans du beurre. Ler vendeur m'a gentillement repris le disque Bosch et s'arrangera avec la marque.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home